International Architectural Summer 2014 Workshop / Cyprus
We are representing a team of Young Architects who are currently in the process of organising an architectural workshop in the European island of Cyprus. The Founders of this workshop are Kleopatra Papapetrou, Architect, Cyprus and Stefani Kefala, Architect, Cyprus.
We have created an architectural workshop under the name “YArch-workshop”, which derives from the words Young Architects – workshop. We are pleased to invite in our workshop architects, students, artists and designers from all over the world, as well as people from different expertise who are interested in architecture. YArch-workshop is programmed to be held in the summer of 2014 for two weeks. People who will take part at the workshop will have the great opportunity to get familiar with all stages of implementing an architectural project in real-life, from design to construction in 1:1 scale. It presents a challenging framework consisting of design workshops, field trips and seminars, debates on theory and practice of new architectural ideas. We are going to organise an architectural competition prior to the workshop and anyone who wishes to participate can do so. The competition’s goal is for winning projects to be constructed during the workshop giving a great opportunity to Young Professionals to promote their work. The main aim of the workshop is the cooperation between lovers of architecture from different countries and schools, who will be working together and will have the opportunity to exchange views, ideas and experiences.
It is worth to be noted that among other things, the main objectives of the workshop are:
- Social and professional links between architects from different countries,
- Architecture students’ practical training in construction techniques and details in order to apply all their theoretical knowledge,
- Culturing team-work and friendly-competitive spirit and professional awareness,
- Exchange of culture between participants regarding architecture and their civilization,
- Study the existing urban fabric of a selected city of Cyprus and propose new ideas that will improve it,
- To become an incubator of innovative ideas both in design and construction,
- Invite and inform the wider public at the final exhibition about the participants’ creations at the workshop
For more information you can visit our website www.yarchworkshop.com